SATURDAY, JUNE 21, 2014
8:30 a.m. AT TIPTON PARK – NORTH PAVILION
2201 Stone Mountain Blvd. Bloomington, IL
The statistics are staggering, but we can make a difference in the lives of orphans! Please join us for a fun, family event and help raise funds to benefit orphan care. The pavilion is next to a playground and small water park too!
This community event includes a 5K run (with chip timing), a 1 mile walk, and a kids’ fun run.
*Photos courtesy of Knight Light Photography
All proceeds from this year’s event will benefit the children at the Haiti Lifeline Ministries Orphanage in Croix-des-Bouquets, Haiti. On average, Haiti Lifeline houses, feeds, clothes, and provides care for 100 orphans. Haiti Lifeline also provides education (school uniforms and shoes), medical/dental care, and clean water for the orphans and surrounding community. The money raised from this event will help implement a vitamin program at the orphanage, increase medical supplies and equipment to care for the children and those in the surrounding area, and help add a playground for the orphans and school children. Thank you for your support! You are helping to change the lives of orphans in Haiti!
BY JUNE 3:
- Ages 13 and older: $25 (includes t-shirt)
- Ages 5 – 12: $15 (includes t-shirt)
- FAMILY Package: $60 (includes entry fees for immediate family members and 2 free t-shirts – extra t-shirts can be purchased for $10 each with the Family Package)
- Spirit Runner: $20 Can’t join in on race day, but would love to support the cause! Includes a t-shirt if registered by June 3. (US shipping included).
AFTER JUNE 3 (t-shirts not guaranteed):
- Ages 13 and older: $30
- Ages 5 – 12: $15
- FAMILY Package: $70 (includes entry fees for immediate family members and 2 free t-shirts, if available – not guaranteed after June 3 – extra t-shirts can be purchased for $10 each, if available)
- Spirit Runner: $20 Can’t join in on race day, but would love to support the cause! Includes t-shirt, if available – not guaranteed after June 3.
TO REGISTER: (Entry Fees Non-Refundable)
- Register Online at It’s Race Time (this option will include a nominal fee); or
- Print and complete this form – 2014 5K for Orphans Form; mail it with payment to the address below.
FAMILY REGISTRATION (two options):
- Families can register members individually as outlined above; or
- For the FAMILY Package Price – print and complete page 2 of this form – 2014 5K for Orphans Form.
- NOTE: Online registration is not available for the FAMILY Package Price. Paper registration only.
- Send all forms and checks to: Eastview Christian Church – 5K for Orphans, 1500 N. Airport Rd, Normal, IL 61761.
- Checks should be payable to Eastview Christian Church; please put 5K for Orphans Fundraiser in memo line.
EARLY PACKET PICK-UP:
- Friday, June 20 from 5 p.m. – 7 p.m.
- Eastview Christian Church, 1500 N. Airport Rd. Normal IL
- Race Day Registration and Packet Pickup:
- 7:30 a.m. – 8:15 a.m.
- 5K Run:
- Starts at 8:30 a.m.; awards for top finishers
- CHIP TIMING and results provided by It’s Race Time
- 1 Mile Walk:
- Starts at 8:35 a.m.
- Not timed – strollers welcomed.
- Kids’ Fun Run (ages 9 and under):
- Starts at approx. 9:15 a.m.; prizes for all kids
We will be collecting new or gently used shoes for children ages 3 – 18 at the Haiti Lifeline Orphanage. Please bring any shoes you would like to donate on race day!
Please email email@example.com with any questions.
We hope you can join us for the 5K for Orphans!