Prayer at Eastview: Prayer is very important in the life of every Christian and we strive to encourage every Christ-follower to be a praying servant. Our prayer room is located in the upper Well behind the waterfall. Please take advantage of this room and leave your own prayer requests in the baskets provided. And, pick up some of the prayers in the baskets to pray for during the week.
Week of October 27, 2014
- Pray that Jesus’ love will so capture us that we will lovingly share the good news of the living Jesus.
- Pray that our church would continue, after our Ridiculous study, to embrace the love of God so that we can more effectively extend it out as dangerous witnesses.
- Pray that God will continue to use this Ridiculous study to open up conversations for families to come together around the love of Jesus in their homes and in their lives.
Week of October 20, 2014
- For your prayer time this week, read and re-read the letter to the world that was in Sunday’s E-news! Pray that God will take away your desire for those things of the world and give you more desire for those things of His Kingdom! “Only one life, t’will soon be past; only what’s done for Christ will last!”
Week of October 13, 2014
• Pray for the pastors of CICM in India who are threatened by the enemies of Christianity in their country. Pray for their boldness and for grace to love those who hate them.
• Pray for God to make Eastview a congregation that hates no one. Ask Him to dissolve any prejudice you may have to any group of people. Ask God to develop a heart of mercy in you for those who have hurt you.
• Pray for ridiculous acts of love to be received well as we reach out to those in our community through our ridiculous love study.
• Pray for God to give us strength to see past any earthly enemy and to our spiritual enemy Satan. Ask God for strength to stand against Satan by faith.
• Pray for God to bring peace through the cross of Christ with anyone in McLean County who considers Christians their enemies. Pray: “Lord, may our love be our witness.”
Week of October 6, 2014
- Pray that God will bring a revival of love for one another at Eastview Christian Church. Ask for God to help us put our love for God into action as we express it to one another.
- Pray for the courage to have a conversation with a fellow Christian who you have either offended or been offended by. Ask for God to open the door for this conversation and for the just right words to say.
- Pray to God on behalf of those in the congregation who need to be restored. Ask for God to draw back to the family those who have gone astray because of sin. Pray that they will return and find a loving fellowship that welcomes them home.
- Pray that many lost souls will be drawn to the community of faith because of our willingness to love one another. Ask God to make his church irresistible as we offer his love to one another.
- Pray for 400 small groups this week to become labs for displaying the love of God towards our fellow small group members. Ask God to use you to make someone in your small group feel especially loved this week.