Place of Prayer in the Well at Eastview: Did you know there is a new prayer chapel located on the second level of the Well behind the waterfall? Check it out! All are welcome to pray, leave prayer requests, read Scripture, or sit in silence before God. Please join us in the constant call to prayer for Eastview, her leaders, her people and her ministry.
Week of September 8, 2014
- Pray for all the small group leaders over the next several weeks as they lead over 400 groups in study for “Ridiculous.” Pray for your small group leader specifically to have wisdom and insight as they lead. Pray for their joy in serving in this way.
- Pray for our preaching series: Mike, Charlie, Caleb, Matt, and J.K. as they work to preach life-impacting sermons during the “ridiculous” sermon series.
- Pray for God to expand our vision and our faith on September 14. Lord, help us to be “fearless Christ followers!”
- Pray for those who are not followers of Jesus that they may find the love of the church irresistible. Pray for God to miraculously soften hearts of our family and friends to the truth of the good news found in Jesus.
- Pray for the people who are Eastview Christian Church to grow in their ability to love. Ask God to guide you in learning what it means to love ridiculously. Ask God to spur hearts towards love and good deeds. Ask God to help us express His love for this world through us.
Week of September 1, 2014
- Pray for those who are caught in Satan’s scheme of always “running away.”
- Pray for college students who have returned to Bloomington-Normal campuses: Illinois Wesleyan, Illinois State, and Heartland College. Pray that they may be “filled with the knowledge of His will in all spiritual wisdom and understanding, so as to walk in a manner worthy of the Lord” (Colossians 1:9-10).
- Pray for our all-church study that begins in three weeks: September 21
- Pray that the Gospel will find an open door in the hearts of those that we naturally encounter this week at work, at school, and in our neighborhoods.
- Pray that ECC will continue to be a fearless church that looks for opportunities to ridiculously love “runaways” and share the Good News of Jesus with them.