Prayer at Eastview: Prayer is very important in the life of every Christian and we strive to encourage every Christ-follower to be a praying servant. Our prayer room is located in the upper Well behind the waterfall. Please take advantage of this room and leave your own prayer requests in the baskets provided, and pick up some of the prayers in the baskets to pray for during the week.
Week of November 23, 2015
• In I Corinthians 15:57 Paul says, “thanks be to God who gives us the victory through Jesus Christ our Lord.” Thank God today for the victory over our sin, our pasts, and who we used to be.
• In Ephesians 1:16 Paul says he prays for the Ephesian Christians: “I do not cease to give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers.” Spend some time thanking God for the people in your life: spouse, kids, parents, siblings, in-laws, grandkids, grandparents, small group, church leaders, ministry friends, acquaintances.
• In I Thessalonians 5:18 Paul tells the church in Thessalonica to “give thanks in all circumstances for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for all of you.” This may be challenging, but thank God for all the circumstances of your life: your position, your financial status, your job, your home, your life stage, even your struggles. Thank Him that He will use it all to accomplish His good will in you and for you.
• Psalm 50:14 says to “offer to God a sacrifice of thanksgiving.” Try to begin every day this week with thanksgiving by offering a prayer of thanks on the altar of each morning.
Week of November 16, 2015
• Pray that people would identify God as the truest and deepest longing of their souls.
• Pray that ECC would desire God with a holy ache.
• Pray that His strength would sustain all generations through seasons of weakness.
• Pray that nothing would distract us from the privilege of fearlessly following Jesus.