Prayer at Eastview: Prayer is very important in the life of every Christian and we strive to encourage every Christ-follower to be a praying servant. Our prayer room is located in the upper Well behind the waterfall. Please take advantage of this room and leave your own prayer requests in the baskets provided, and pick up some of the prayers in the baskets to pray for during the week.
Week of January 26, 2015
Pray against 5 things that keep us from following Jesus:
1. Fear. Pray that God would give us courage to rely on Jesus in the midst of our mess. Pray for God to give great courage and boldness as we live out the vision God has given this church.
2. Complacency. Pray that our following of Jesus would not become a boring routine…that it would be more than just coming to church and going through the spiritual motions. Pray that our hearts would burn for the lost and we would become dangerous witnesses with an urgent message.
3. Sin. Pray that God will lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one. Pray for God to protect the pastors of Eastview from sin. Pray for God to make us a holy and set apart people for His glory. Pray that we would fall out of love with the world and the things in the world.
4. Pride. Pray that God will keep us focused on His great power and name. Acknowledge to God just how great you think He is and just how small you know you are. Ask for forgiveness for taking too much credit.
5. Division. Pray that God will maintain a great unity among our church family as we pursue Christ-following lives. May we focus on the good news we share and the king we represent in this kingdom. May love and humility dominate our relationships with one another in the body of Christ.
Week of January 19, 2015
• Pray for our Christian brothers and sisters we partner with in India and Kenya. Pray that God would protect them from their real enemies who want to destroy their ministries, their courage, and even their lives. This is real. Pray for the persecuted Christians who are truly living our “dangerous witness” today.
• Pray for our partnerships with Pastor Jonathan in Brooklyn and Pastor Jordan in Harlem. Ask God to defeat the enemy Satan and the enemies of the church and cross who live against Jesus and his message in the city of New York
• Pray for us to have courage to sing this week in the midst of our mess. Pray for God to give you the words to sing as you face your week at school, work, and social gatherings.