Prayer at Eastview: Prayer is very important in the life of every Christian and we strive to encourage every Christ-follower to be a praying servant. Our prayer room is located in the upper Well behind the waterfall. Please take advantage of this room and leave your own prayer requests in the baskets provided. And pick up some of the prayers in the baskets to pray for during the week.
Week of December 15, 2014
• Pray for God to move miraculously to give us resources to give to the Expanding Ministry Offering on December 21. Pray for this personally and for the church as a whole.
• Jesus said, “It is more blessed to give than to receive,” so thank Him for the blessing of being able to give for the kingdom work here at Eastview.
• Pray for God to draw the lost people of Bloomington/Normal to Him through the ministries of the church during this season of celebrating Jesus’ birth.
• Pray for the staff at Eastview. Choose one or two that you know and pray for them to grow in their faith, to have great joy in serving, and see the fruit of their labor.
• Pray for the elders of Eastview: B.J., Barton, Steve, John A., John M., Rod, Rick, and Darrell.
Week of December 8, 2014
• Pray for Pastor of Spiritual Formation, J.K., as he cares for the spiritual growth of our staff, leaders, and congregation at Eastview. Pray for healing from vertigo, and that he finds great joy in serving Jesus today.
• Pray for Pastor of Small Groups, Jim Probst, as he leads, coordinates, and develops group leaders and resources for the fearless Christ followers of Eastview. Pray for his stamina, wisdom, and young family.
• Pray for Pastor of Outreach, Tyler Hari, as he leads Eastview’s efforts in outreach, locally, domestically, and internationally. Pray for his spiritual strength and wisdom to lead the dangerous witnesses of Eastview Christian Church to change the world for Christ. Pray for his family.
• Pray for Pastor of Family, Jason Smith, as he leads our Kidsview ministry of over 1,500. Pray for great insight into how to firmly plant the word of God in every child’s heart and lead them into relationship with Jesus Christ. Pray for his ability to engage the families of Eastview at all life stages to grow our Christian families in the Lord. Pray for his family.
• Pray for Executive Pastor, Mark Warren, as he coordinates our staff, facilities, and resources to accomplish all that God is doing in the life of Eastview. Pray for his wisdom in making hundreds of decisions weekly and courage to make the hard ones. Pray for him to be able to sleep well. Pray for his family!