Mission statement: "Helping people with special needs and their families know God in meaningful ways and experience the love of Christ."
"Show hospitality to strangers, for by doing so, you may be entertaining angels unaware." Hebrews 13:2
One in five Americans has a disability, but you would be surprised how many places of worship are not equipped to welcome everyone. Barriers to a full life of faith can be architectural, communication or attitudinal. Barriers can also be a lack of genuine spiritual access.
It is important that people with disabilities be included in the life of our congregation to enrich our church by what they can offer and by the dimension they can add to the tapestry of our worship. From the moment someone new enters our church community, they need to be welcomed as a person of God with gifts and talents to share. Their unique needs also must be acknowledged, so they too can enjoy full accessibility to the love of Christ.
The vision of Eastview Christian Church is to be a fearless church of Christ-followers whose ridiculous love and dangerous witness are irresistible. An internal part of this is to promote inclusion for all persons and enable them to find their places in the worship, education, fellowship, and ministry at the church. We want to encourage congregational ministry with persons with disability, not just to or for them. We want to work to ensure that all people are incorporated into all aspects of a Christian life.
Services we offer:
- Sunday service "buddies"
- Adult Special Needs class on Sunday mornings at 9:00 a.m.
- Sign Language interpreting in Worship Center at 9:00 a.m. service
- 11:00 Class: meets in the Big sensory room for Jr. High and High School students. Class includes worship time (usually attend Sanctuary for Praise time), fellowship and Bible study.
- 5:00 Class: meets in the Big sensory room for Jr. High and High School students. Class includes worship time (usually in the Edge for Praise time), fellowship and Bible study.
- Parents' Night Out
- Consultation and training for volunteers
- Self-contained classrooms/Sensory rooms if needed
If you are bringing your child with special needs to Eastview for the first time, please print and fill out this Check-In Form with specific instructions to help us understand how to best care for your child. And, check out more about your first visit to Eastview here. You can fill out our electronic Family Registration Card and print & bring it with you, to speed things up!
For more information, contact Michelle Maris at email@example.com or call (309) 451-5065.
Annual community-wide VBS for children with autism and their siblings each summer.
Dates: July 31 - August 4
Where: First Baptist Church
Go here for more info: Autism McLean